Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Last week and last night I sent out some submissions. I hope the poems find a home out there.

I’ve been revising the same group of poems for weeks now. I’ll be glad when I think they’re finished, and I can move on to other poems. I started a new poem on Sunday. I worked on it a little more yesterday—two promising lines so far.

I’ve agreed to do a review on a book of poems. I need to get cracking on that. I’d like to have a decent draft of the review within two weeks. I want to turn the review in way ahead of the deadline.

I’m dismayed that I can’t get my American Heritage Dictionary CD-ROM to load on my new computer at home. This older version of the program doesn’t appear to be compatible with Windows XP. I really like having that dictionary at my fingertips. At least I still have it on my laptop.

Other than that, I just have a major work deadline looming: 8/31/2006. I may not blog regularly until that deadline is behind me.

4 Comments:

At 9:34 PM, Blogger writingblind said...

Good luck with everything. Try not to work too hard. What book are you reviewing, by the way?

 
At 8:33 AM, Blogger Gerald Huml said...

Thanks, Rebecca. I guess I'm being a little mysterious. I'll be reviewing Joshua Poteat's Ornithologies.

 
At 10:35 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

Good luck with the review. I just reviewed a book of poetry myself... it must be going around :)

 
At 5:30 PM, Blogger Gerald Huml said...

Thanks, Stephanie. Must be. :-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home