Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I received a rejection yesterday from The Cincinnati Review.

To my surprise, my new computer arrived yesterday. I expected to receive it on Wednesday or Thursday this week. I’m kind of dreading all of the setup work that I have ahead of me. Last night I spend over an hour making backup files off of the old computer.

*

The changing of bodies into light, and light into bodies, is very comfortable to the course of Nature, which seems delighted with transmutations.

--Isaac Newton


I don’t know what I may seem to the world, but as to myself, I seem to have been only like a boy playing on the sea-shore and diverting myself in now and then finding a smoother pebble or a prettier shell than ordinary, whilst the great ocean of truth lay all undiscovered before me.

--Isaac Newton


Words are sacred. They deserve respect. If you get the right ones, in the right order, you can nudge the world a little.

--Tom Stoppard

2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Blogger writingblind said...

Sorry about the rejection but a new computer is always good. Glad to see you're continuing with the quotes.

 
At 11:57 PM, Blogger Montgomery Maxton said...

The Mt. Adams neighborhood in Cincinnati is one of the best places on this blue-green-white-brown planet.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home