Friday, June 16, 2006

More Quotes

You may be tired of the quotes that I’ve been posting, but I don’t have much to say lately. I’ve been working and revising some poems. I ordered a new desktop computer from Dell this week to replace my dinosaur 1999 desktop at home. My laptop will probably be a fossil in another two years, so I imagine I’ll need to replace it eventually.

My wife’s niece introduced me to an older local poet this week. We corresponded via e-mail and have decided to trade poems and comment on them. I hope it works out. I’d like more local poetry friends.

More quotes:

Why don’t they knead two virtuous souls for life
Into that moral centaur, man and wife?

Society is now one polished horde,
Formed of two mighty tribes, the Bores and the Bored.

What men call gallantry, and gods adultery,
Is much more common where the climate’s sultry.

-- Excerpts from Lord Byron’s Don Juan

*

Superstition sets the whole world in flames; philosophy quenches them.

--Voltaire

1 Comments:

At 3:38 PM, Blogger writingblind said...

I like the quotes. Sometimes they say exactly what you're thinking.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home