Monday, October 17, 2005

I had a pretty good weekend overall. My wife and I went to a most excellent Thai restaurant on Saturday. We are very fond of their steamed dumplings and pad thai. The restaurant has very unique tables. The table surfaces have swirls of color on them than remind me of tie-dye shirts. Hanging over the little bar in the restaurant are four very attractive cobalt blue cylinders containing light bulbs. Last night my wife and I went to a historic restaurant called Toliver House. This restaurant had been closed for some time, and it recently reopened under new management. I was pleased to see that there is a fresh coat of paint on the outside of the restaurant (the previous owners had let the exterior go), and the inside was tastefully decorated. The food was good, but I was a little disappointed. My wife and I agreed that the mashed potatoes and rolls were the best things we ate.

I did some more work on my sestina yesterday morning. I’m excited about the project and look forward to working on it some more.

Today’s weather in Charlottesville is my favorite kind of weather. It’s sunny, a few clouds in a blue sky, a light breeze, and cool enough even at lunchtime that you need a light jacket or a long sleeve shirt. Autumn has always been my favorite season.

All poets, all writers are political. They either maintain the status quo, or they say, “Something’s wrong, let’s change it for the better.” --Sonia Sanchez

1 Comments:

At 11:02 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I was reading sonia sanchez poetry this weekend as well, if you get a chance, check out my blog.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home