Sunday, January 08, 2006

Artist Colony Application, MFA Classmate, & Poetry Quotes

I revised some poems this morning and worked on my artist colony application. I emailed the artist colony this afternoon to see if they can send me a Word version of the application that I can type into rather than using the Adobe Acrobat version that I have to either use a typewriter on or use my handwriting (which isn’t the neatest—I tend to write like a doctor).

I’ve reconnected with one of my MFA classmates thanks to this blog. It’s great to hear from him and learn what he has been up to.

*

In my book, poetry is a necessity of life. It is a function of poetry to locate those zones inside us that would be free, and declare them so.
--C. D. Wright

I never find words right away. Poems for me always begin with images and rhythms, shapes, feelings, forms, dances in the back of my mind. And much of the poem is already dancing itself out before I begin to look around for the words for it…. For me, language comes after imagination. My imagination is pre-linguistic, pre-verbal.
--Gary Snyder

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home