Wednesday, March 15, 2006

Italy – Part 2

March 8th: St. Peter’s Basilica & the Vatican Museums – I came down with a cold this day and was feeling lousy. I forced myself to go with the tour group though. I just had to see the Sistine Chapel and Michelangelo’s Pieta. The Sistine Chapel is smaller than I thought it was but still quite impressive. I find Rome’s ancient history more interesting than the Catholic history.

March 9th: Assisi & Orvieto – Visited these two beautiful towns in Umbria. In Assisi I enjoyed seeing the tombs and relics of Saint Francis and Saint Clare. In Orvieto the Duomo church was very striking with its striped stone. Still not feeling so hot on this day.

March 10th: Free day – Went to the Catacombs of Priscilla and returned to the Trevi Fountain area for lunch and gelato. Starting to feel better on this day.

The flight home on March 11th was rough towards the end. I kept coughing and couldn’t rest. Thankfully there were movies and video games to occupy me.

*
During the past few days I’ve received rejections from Cimarron Review and Poetry (sent in a submission for Poetry’s humor issue). I’ve entered some more poetry contests.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home