Wednesday, February 15, 2006

I’m coming to the realization as I revise poems that some will never be much better than they are now. So, I have to decide how much time I want to devote to these poems or work on revising poems that have more promise. Or write new poems. It is the realization that revision cannot fix everything. It is the realization that no matter how hard you work on revising, some poems are just better than others from the start. When assembling a book, you want to include your best work and work that fits together according to some kind of a plan. I’ll have to decide the bar level of what is acceptable to include in the book and what to exclude.

1 Comments:

At 12:23 PM, Blogger C. Dale said...

Yes, THAT is always the real challenge. Deciding the bar. Crippling, it can be.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home