Thursday, February 09, 2006

Famous Poet Dreams

C. Dale Young has had a number of dreams in which John Ashbery appears. He talks about this on his blog. Have you ever had a dream involving a famous poet? My old teacher Larry Levis appeared in one or two dreams of mine, but that’s it. I visited Ireland a couple of years ago and went to Yeats’ Thoor Ballylee and wrote a poem about the experience. I always hoped while I was either writing the poem or revising it that Yeats would make an appearance in one of my dreams.

3 Comments:

At 4:31 PM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I haven't had any of those dreams... but Denise Duhamel has a great poem titled "sex with a famous poet" about a dream of a famous poet... It's really funny (and good) You should check it out.

 
At 4:33 PM, Blogger Gerald Huml said...

Thanks, Stephanie. I'll have to check it out.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger C. Dale said...

Some might call the Ashbery dreams I have nightmares. Especially since I have never met Ashbery. Don Justice appears in some of my dreams, but mostly to admonish me and challenge me, much as he did when he was alive. Ah, the anxieties that live in us thanks to our old teachers.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home