Monday, February 13, 2006

I have way too much work to complete by March 3rd and not nearly enough time to do it. I worked some over the weekend and came in way too early this morning. Consequently, my blogging will be haphazard at best over the next three weeks. At least after March 3rd I have some vacation time coming. I’m keeping my eyes on that prize.

I’m still managing to find time and energy after work and on the weekends to write and revise. I’m looking forward to revising my five-section poem some more after a positive decision about it last night. I’m excited to finish it and then send it off into the world to find a home.

I’ve been thinking about the landscapes in my poems and how they mirror the real landscapes in my life. I commute to work, so I have a number of poems that take place in cars in one form or another. There are a lot of rolling hills, horse farms, and vineyards around here, and I see that in my poems. I like to travel when I can afford to, and I usually get one or two poems out of major trips--especially if they are abroad.

Back to work. Ugh!

1 Comments:

At 4:34 AM, Blogger Stephanie said...

I can't wait until March 3rd!!! I'm going to South Carolina to enjoy the beach - despite the weather, it will still be a nice change of scenery.

Good luck with all your work up to that point.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home