Wednesday, June 28, 2006

On Sunday my new local poetry friend and I will be chatting about the poems we exchanged. She sent me some more to look at yesterday for a future discussion. I need to e-mail her a couple of my poems this week. Hmmm, but which ones…?

*

Style is the man himself.

--Comte de Buffon


Genius is only a greater aptitude for patience.
--Comte de Buffon


The original writer is not he who refrains from imitating others, but he who can be imitated by none.

--Francois-Rene Chateaubriand


Moments of crisis produce in man a redoubling of life.

--Francois-Rene Chateaubriand


Marriage has many pains, but celibacy has no pleasures.

--Samuel Johnson

2 Comments:

At 3:53 PM, Blogger Montgomery Maxton said...

The marriage quote was my favorite today.

 
At 5:35 PM, Blogger writingblind said...

"The original writer is not he who refrains from imitating others, but he who can be imitated by none."

Definitely my favorite.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home