Tuesday, April 04, 2006

I’ve decided to try the waiting list for the VCCA artist colony. I sent in the request to be put on the waiting list this morning. In the meantime, there are some web sites I plan to search to see if there are any other artist colonies nearby that I might want to apply to. I also have the option of reapplying to the VCCA. My parents have retired to a house in North Carolina and frequently go out of town to visit friends or travel. I may inquire with them if I can house sit and use the time to work on my manuscript.

I received a letter yesterday informing me that I was not one of the four winners for the Discovery/The Nation poetry contest. The letter indicated that they had almost 1,000 submissions this year for the contest. I also received a rejection from The Jabberwocky Review.

I mailed this morning some poetry submissions.

*

The most potent weapon in the hands of the oppressor is the mind of the oppressed.

--Steve Biko

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home