Thursday, June 29, 2006

The wife and I had a fight before we went to work this morning. I hate the unsettled feeling and tenseness you carry around all day when this happens. I also find myself thinking up defenses and ammo for future use. Mostly though, I’m trying to decide how much of this is my fault and what I should apologize for. We rarely stay mad at each other for more than a day or two.

*

Last Words


I hope for a happy exit, and I hope to never come back.

--Frida Kahlo


My son, may you be happier than your father.

--Sophocles, from Ajax

2 Comments:

At 8:16 PM, Blogger writingblind said...

Interesting that you chose a Frida Kahlo quote. She had one of the most turbulent and also most loving marriages ever.

I'm more of an expert at the wrong things to do in a relationshop so I'll just wish you luck that everything works out.

 
At 12:25 PM, Blogger Gerald Huml said...

Thanks, Rebecca.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home